WordPress is a free and open-source content management system based on PHP and MySQL. To function, WordPress has to be installed on a web server, which would either be part of an Internet hosting service or a network host in its own right. Wikipedia
In the past three months, we have seen 2 major zero-day vulnerabilities and mass hacking of WordPress websites.More Than 26 percent of all websites globally use WordPress. As a result of this popularity, Hackers and Spammers have taken a keen interest in breaking the security of WordPress-Operated sites.
You must always keep your WordPress installation updated and secure.
In this post, I going to cover some of the Best WordPress security plugins that can help reduce the risk of your WordPress Based website being hacked.
Functions are Included by Plugins
- Acces Control
- Login Security
- Spam Protection
- Content Theft Protection
- Backup Tools
- File Integrity Monitoring
- E-mail Protection
- Ip Tracking
- Firewall and Much More
2+ million Active Installation and a rating of 4.9/5, WordFence is one of the most popular and really Worthy WordPress security plugins.
WordFence starts by checking if the site is already infected. It does a deep server scan of the site’s source code.
If you want to secure your website with some more features, then you can also try the premium version of wordfence plugin, which includes country blocking, two-step authentication, scheduled scanning and more.It also scans your posts and comments for malicious code.
- Firewall blocks complex and brute force attacks
- Security Scan alerts you quickly in the event of a security issue
- Threat Defense Feed keeps Wordfence up to date with the latest security data
- Robust login security features
- Configurable security alerts
- Gain insight into traffic and hack attempts
- Security incident recovery tools
300,000+ Active Installation and a rating of 4.5/5, Sucuri offers a free plugin that is available on the WordPress.This plugin offers various security features. It is a security suite meant to complement your existing security posture.
The Sucuri plugin tracks all activity on your site. This includes when users log in or when changes are made to your site. You’ll be able to review the activity logs and find out what happened on your WordPress Site.
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (premium)
90,000+ Active Installation and a rating of 4.6/5
Another popular plugin that helps to secure your WordPress website.With an increasing number of hacking attacks, it is necessary to have security on your WordPress website. The security plugins mentioned above will help you with that.
It also has a pro version that offers some advanced features to improve the security of your website But the free version is popular enough to make your website secure.
BulletProof Security Cover
- One-Click Setup Wizard
- Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup)
- MScan Malware Scanner
- .htaccess Website Security Protection (Firewalls)
- Hidden Plugin Folders|Files Cron (HPF)
- Login Security & Monitoring
- JTC-Lite (Limited version of BPS Pro JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker)
- Idle Session Logout (ISL)
- Auth Cookie Expiration (ACE)
- DB Backup: Full|Partial DB Backups | Manual|Scheduled DB Backups | Email Zip Backups | Cron Delete Old Backups
- DB Table Prefix Changer
- Security Logging
- HTTP Error Logging
- FrontEnd|BackEnd Maintenance Mode
- UI Theme Skin Changer (3 Theme Skins)
- Extensive System Info
600,000+ Active Installation and a rating of 4.8/5
All In One WP Security & Firewall is another popular WordPress security plugin to check vulnerabilities on your WordPress website.It also sends you an email notification if somebody gets locked out due to failed login attempts.It also has a security scanner which keeps track of files and notifies you about each changes in your WordPress system
All In One WP Security & Firewall Cover
- USER ACCOUNTS SECURITY
- USER LOGIN SECURITY
- USER REGISTRATION SECURITY
- DATABASE SECURITY
- FILE SYSTEM SECURITY
- FIREWALL FUNCTIONALITY
- COMMENT SPAM SECURITY
- FRONT-END TEXT COPY PROTECTION
800,000+ Active Installation and a rating of 4.7/5
iThemes Security Plugin provides 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress website from attacks. The plugin is available in both free and premium versions. It also forces users to use secure passwords and also forces SSL for admin area in server support.It also integrates Google reCAPTCHA to prevent comment spam on your website.
Ithemes Security Cover
- Two-factor authentication
- Brute force protection
- Monitoring core files for any changes
- Ticketed support (for pro users)
- Logging user actions
- Locking out users for multiple incorrect credential attempts
- Forcing the use of secure passwords for specific user roles and file permissions
With an increasing number of hacking attacks, it is necessary to have security on your WordPress website and You’re Sure that Your Website is Secure? We Recommended WordPress users to use the security plugins mentioned above.Most of them are free, safe and easily usable.For users who don’t code a lot, plugins are the best ways to secure your blog.
If you’re using some other WordPress security plugin, please share it with us in the comments.